Today I took the final for zoology, returned all of the books I had checked out at the school library, and turned in my complete hours and reflections for clinicals. I am done for the semester! I will still have three class meetings before student teaching, but compared to the workload in the last few months, it will be a walk in the park.
Unfortunately for me, the school is having issues coordinating my student teaching placement: not because of me in particular, but because they have had difficulty placing science teachers. I think all of the undergrads have been placed, and I know the other grad students have been placed. I’m just special, I guess. Maybe it means that I will be placed with someone truly phenomenal!
Today, I am thankful for:
- a warm house when it’s only 7 degrees outside
- finishing my work for the semester
- finding out that ordering books for my final class would not cost me less than the bookstore, since I just bought them from the bookstore
- the shoveling my sons did in the last two days
- the researchers who are trying to find a cure for cancer
- shirk your responsibilities days!